Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Home Projects: Molding in Bathroom

On April 18, my parents came over and helped install molding in our bathroom. We started remodeling the bathroom June of last year, but the help we were receiving had other things come up and wasn't able to help any more. We are finally returning to the project, and I can't wait to fix the items already falling apart, finish the items that weren't finished, and have a new bathroom.

The molding is one of the items that was not finished. My parents left us their wood filler, (very old wood filler) and I got to work finally on filling the nail holes and small gaps in some of the corners.



Filling the nail holes wasn't hard. Okay, so first, because the wood filler is so old I did have to add a little bit of water and mix it up; that was a little daunting because I was worried I'd add too much water. Luckily I got it right on the first try. Then it was just a matter of taking my small putty knife and spreading the filler over the nail holes.

For the corners that gave us problems putting up the molding, I made a small snake with the wood filler and used my fingers to put it in the corners.

 


After everything was filled, I let the filler set, and came back the next day and sanded down the wood filler. Once everything was sanded, I cleaned up my mess and came back with some paint.



Now the molding looks great, and it's time for the next task in our DIY list.


No comments:

Post a Comment