Saturday, April 18, 2015

Things I'm Considering

So, mostly I've been working my regular job, slash taking care of general housekeeping things. However, I have done some researching slash web surfing on the side. This has led to a few things I'm considering.

One thing I'm considering is starting a BookTube channel. I've noticed most of the booktubers I've found only or mostly read physical books and have really large bookshelves and are almost always looking for shelving units to organize their books. I would be the opposite. I prefer eBooks, and so most of my book collection is eBooks.

I'm not sure about starting a BookTube channel since I don't have a lot of free time. I haven't finished the book I started reading...probably a month or more ago. So I'm not sure I'd be able to record and upload videos, and complete book reviews with any kind of regularity.

A second thing I'm considering is starting a Facebook page. I have a Facebook profile for my personal family and friends, but don't have a page for people to follow what I'm doing. I'm not sure now is the best time to start a page though for the same reason that is making me hesitate about starting a BookTube channel. I'm not sure I'd be able to post items with any kind of regularity. Just look at this blog. The last post I made was the end of March...it's almost the end of April and I'm just now posting something; which I am mad at myself for this. I want to post with more regularity.

Third, I'm considering joining a Read-a-Thon. I had never even heard of a Read-a-Thon until one of the BookTuber videos I watched mentioned doing a Read-a-Thon. There is one that happens this coming Saturday, the 25th. The Read-a-Thon is called Dewey's Read-a-Thon. What is holding me back? Well...I'm usually so tired from my busy days, that I fall asleep in a chair. Recently I was trying to reach 10,000 steps using my FitBit to track my steps. While walking around my house to get steps, my eyes were closing I was so tired. I almost tripped a few times so took that as a hint, sat down, and was out like a light. I'm not sure I'll be able to stay up for 24 hours.

I have been experimenting with things and this week, I have done much better at staying awake past 7:00 pm. Except for last night, I was even staying awake until 1:30 am. Last night I broke my streak, laid down for a nap around 10:00 pm and did not hear the alarm. At least I don't remember hearing the alarm.

These are some things I'm considering, please let me know what your thoughts are on these items or what you are considering in the comments. I am trying to get things set so I can have time to post about things with more regularity, and I hope to have this in line very soon. Please do stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment