Sunday, April 26, 2015

Read-a-thon Wrap Up

My first read-a-thon has ended. How did I do? I finished one book, have started 2 more, I basically crashed in hour 17 - could not keep eyes open, and fell asleep listening to the audiobook, but I do feel I accomplished a lot yesterday.

Not only am I excited for October and the next Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon, but I'm thinking I will soon be googling read-a-thons to find others to participate in. I met some interesting people that I will be following on Twitter, or their blogs.

I had fun participating in the mini-challenges they had each hour, and am happy I was able to answer one of the scavenger hunt clues. The clue I answered was: "a book where one of the main characters in the movie adaptation was played by an actor who had previously been in the twilight and harry potter movies?" Do you know the answer? :-)  (I'll include the answer below.)

The most daunting hour(s) were the last ones I was awake for, hours 16 and 17. I could feel the sandman filling my eye lids with his sand. I'll need to experiment to find the best ways to stay awake all 24 hours, because I will read for 24 hours next time. If you have any suggestions for how to stay awake, please comment below.

Well, now it's time to start a new day and finish some of the projects I had started yesterday - I'll post about them probably later this week. I'll see you all next time. And don't worry, I didn't forget, the answer to the scavenger hunt clue? Water for Elephants - Robert Pattinson played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter series, Edward in the Twilight series, and Jacob Janowski in Water for Elephants. (Disclaimer: I have not actually read Water for Elephants, I remembered seeing Robert Pattinson in the trailers and on the movie posters.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment