Monday, November 2, 2015

October Wrap Up and November Goals

October wasn't quite as busy as September, but there was still more going on than I was expecting from work. There doesn't appear to be an end in sight either so November will be quite interesting; but before I get too far ahead of myself, let's talk October goals and how I did.
  1. Read 6 or more books - COMPLETE! I managed to read 7 books during October. While I failed to finish the Throne of Glass series, I only have Queen of Shadows left.
  2. Post on this blog at least once a week. PASS. I managed to do this for 3 of the 4 weeks in October. So while not complete, I'm giving this a passing grade.
  3. Post on YouTube at least once a week. COMPLETE! It was hard, I'll admit, but I managed to record and edit to get a video posted at least once each week.
  4. Post on Twitter 2-3 times daily. PASS. I missed less than 10 days in the month, but that still isn't daily. Hopefully I won't get too busy with NaNoWriMo to try this again.
  5. Create a Facebook page. COMPLETE! This was done before I originally posted my October goals.
  6. Post on Facebook at least once daily. PASS. I missed less than 5 days after creating the page, but that is still not posting daily. I'll try again in November.
  7. Complete a story outline. TRASHED. So, I think I've learned that I don't do outlines. Whenever I sat down to outline the story forming in my head it felt forced, and I wasn't really feeling where the outline was going. It felt like an assignment I'd turn in and receive a C on rather than the A I know it can be. Long story made short, I'm going into NaNoWriMo with just a rough idea of what I'm writing. I think I'm more of a sculpture, the blank page is my slab of marble, and I'll let it show me what it wants kind of deal. As I go along, I may create notes or outlines of characters to keep me organized.
Overall, October was very successful, and I'm looking forward to an even better November.
  1. Read at least 4 books. These will probably be audiobooks listened to at work since I will be home writing for NaNoWriMo most of the rest of the time.
  2. A blog post at least once weekly. Still trying to plan these out better so I can start writing and have them ready. This will be extra important to do during NaNoWriMo.
  3. Post on YouTube at least once a week. I think I've decided to try to post on Wednesdays, so that will help since I have a deadline. Will I keep this deadline as Wednesdays into the future? Don't know yet.
  4. Post on Twitter 2-3 times daily. This may not be that hard as I will probably be sharing my joy at writing so many words in a day, or sharing my struggle to find time.
  5. Post on Facebook at least once daily. I didn't miss that many days last month, but there is still room for improvement.
  6. Write 1,667 words a day. This is probably the most important. 1,667 is the number of words you need to write daily (on average) to win NaNoWriMo. Think I can do it? I'm not to sure of myself with this one, but I don't want to be thinking that it's okay to not make this, otherwise I may not seriously try. So, here we go!
Here's to you and good luck on reaching your goals for this month. I'll let you know next month how I did with mine. And good luck to all participating in NaNoWriMo!

You can follow me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment