Monday, November 30, 2015

Hooked on Books 24 hour Readathon


I casually, participated in the Hooked on Books 24 hour readathon this past Saturday, November 28, 2015. I say I casually participated because we had other things to get done and caused some interference with reading.

It also didn't help that I admittedly got a late start to the day. We got to bed late and it didn't help that our 'monster puppy' came and woke me up after maybe 4 hours of sleep to go outside. I'd say he's still having trouble adjusting to the time change, but it's only the morning alarm that keeps going off early.

We had planned on raking leaves, but things never really dried up. Even yesterday when we did finally rake the leaves, we were unable to fill the bags any further than half way because the leaves were so wet. Wet leaves are heavier than you might think.

I also fell asleep for a nap...that wasn't really a nap in the end. I slept for around 3 hours. Yes I know this doesn't constitute as a normal nap, but it does go to show how tired I was. Especially since I could have slept longer, but once again the 'monster puppy' came looking for attention. (I should mention 'monster puppy' is our dog AJ, and he's actually 10 and a half years old, but acts like a puppy so one of his nicknames is 'monster puppy'.)

All in all, I think I did well enough. Certainly better than I thought I would do. I didn't finish any books, but I only worked on one book and that book was Queen of Shadows. I read roughly 150 pages. I don't remember what page I started on exactly, so I'm not sure of exactly how many pages I read.

Overall, this was not my greatest readathon, but the day didn't go exactly as planned, and I didn't give myself much time for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment