Saturday, November 21, 2015

NaNoWriMo Update Week 3

Well, some may say there is no way I could win NaNoWriMo at this point. I've only managed an average of a little over 700 words per day, and now need to write an average of over 3,000 words in order to reach the 50,000 mark.

Do I think I can write over 3,000 words in a single day? Yes. Do I think it will actually happen? No. Why not? Unfortunately that would be due to the responsibilities of my day job, and family. However, the weekends will hopefully help some, and having the additional Thanksgiving and Black Friday off to write, may help me make up some ground.

Today we got some holiday shopping done - in fact we are probably 90% done. SCORE! That is one less thing on my mind, distracting me from writing.

Currently I am sitting at a total word count of 15,301. This is the most I have ever written before. It may not be looking good for me making it to 50,000, but I'm still sitting pretty with myself happy I've made it this far.

I still am hoping to hit that sweet 50,000 word mark so I'm going to excuse myself now, and try to go put some words into my novel now before my brain turns off for the day.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay the course and don't give up. Even if you don't the 50,000 word mark be proud that you kept going and made progress on your novel. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete