Sunday, October 11, 2015

September Goal wrap up and October Goals

September was not a great month. My job required me to work a lot of extra hours so I didn't have a lot of time to do other things. Here are the goals I had for September and how I did.
  1. Read 5 or more books - this may be kind of ambitious with how things are at my day time job, and with my family. FAIL - I was only able to read 2 books in my spare time, with what little time I had while listening to audio books while I worked.
  2. Post on this blog 2-3 times per week - again this may be kind of ambitious, but I'm going to do my best to make it work. FAIL - I was not able to post as often as I would have liked.
  3. Post YouTube videos 2-3 times per week - I already have most of these planned out, it's just a matter of recording and editing. FAIL - I again was not able to record and edit videos for uploading as often as I would have liked.
  4. Post on Twitter 2-3 times daily - it's already September 4, and I'm not doing too well with this. Thank goodness there is still plenty of time for improvement. FAIL - I did good for a few days, but most of the month I don't think I posted at all, or maybe posted only once.
  5. Complete a story outline - outlining is something I have trouble with and need to practice. Hopefully I can knock one out this month. FAIL - I do have ideas, but was not able to put them 'on paper' as you may say.
  6. Finish mudding our bedroom - obviously this has nothing to do with reading or writing, but our bedroom has been in a state of construction for several months with nothing done to it. It's time to finish the project. COMPLETE - Yay! I finished one goal....
I managed to complete only one goal, and it didn't pertain to writing or reading. Hopefully October will be a little better.
  1. Read 6 or more books - again this may be ambitious, but if I fail this goal, it means I will not have finished the Throne of Glass series before the books will need to go back to my local library. You may wonder why I don't renew them, it's because I won't be able to as there is a list of people waiting for the books so I have to return them.
  2. Post on this blog at least once a week. This should be doable.
  3. Post on YouTube at least once a week. Again, I shouldn't have a problem.
  4. Post on Twitter 2-3 times daily.
  5. Create a Facebook page. This is already done, and you can find me on Facebook here.
  6. Post on Facebook at least once daily.
  7. Complete a story outline. This will need to happen if I hope to participate in NaNoWriMo next month. Until earlier this year, I hadn't heard of this, but of course wasn't worried because there was almost a whole year. Now here we are, one month before, and even almost half-way through the month before. I have about 2 weeks to complete this.
I'll be participating in Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-thon, I'm hoping this will at least help with my goal to read 6 books. I will also be a cheerleader helping to keep others reading.  

Here's to you and good luck on reaching your goals for this month. I'll let you know next month how I did with mine.

You can follow me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and now Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment