Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Review: Mage Slave by R.K. Thorne

Title: Mage Slave
Author: R.K. Thorne
Format: audiobook via Audible
Narrator: Tanya Eby
Publisher: Iron Antler Books

This book was surprisingly good! I was expecting something that was okay but entertaining. Instead I found something I really enjoyed and am looking forward to starting the next book.

In this world, in a certain town if you are born with magic, you are automatically enslaved. Whatever the masters order you to do, you are compelled to complete your task and return. So when ordered to kidnap a Prince, you must. Which is exactly what happens to Miara when she is ordered to kidnap Crown Prince Aven.

Crown Prince Aven has been hiding something though. He was born with magic. His parents have been working to hide his secret. Magic is not needed by a King, and so they don't train him in his powers.

The magic system is something a little new. Just like other magic systems I've seen, mages pull power from other things around them. But depending on the type of mage you are, determines what you are able to pull power from. There is a twist I haven't seen before, but also provides a key to the story unfolding. So I can't say anything more without giving a hint to the key in solving their problem, and may spoil some of the story.

I enjoyed the writing as well, transitions between following the two characters was seamless. When one passes out, you aren't thrust to the other character. You almost don't even realize the switch is happening.

I will definitely be picking up the next book as soon as I am able, and I recommend picking up Mage Slave if you are looking for a good Fantasy read.

You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

You can also help support this Blog and use this link to Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited with a free trial. I will get a small commission if you use this link to sign up now for Kindle Unlimited. This is a service I can get behind, and enjoy using. I would never recommend something I don't myself use or support.

No comments:

Post a Comment