Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Review: The Trials of Apollo - The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

Title: The Trials of Apollo - The Hidden Oracle

Author: Rick Riordan

Format: Audiobook from Overdrive

Genre: YA Fantasy

This story was hard to get into, Apollo is kind of a self absorbed ass.

Apollo has done something to get on Zeus's bad side. As punishment Zeus has sent Apollo to Earth as a mortal. Apparently this has happened before and Apollo has kept some of his God powers, this time however Apollo has retained none of his powers. He even has a hard time remembering all his God like information about some of the enemies who cross his path.

Apollo must assist a half God. I'm not going to say much about this person, as they add some humor and I wouldn't want to spoil Rick's fun in writing this particular character. This character helped make the beginning bearable, and kept me going until things got a little better.

Turns out, campers from Camp Halfblood are going missing. Not only that but possibly due to Apollo, the God of Prophecy, being on Earth, there are no prophecies either. This means the campers don't have any quests to go on. It is up to Apollo, and his new friend to get prophecy back.

Overall, I'd give this story 3 stars, but do plan to start the second book soon. If you enjoy the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, you will definitely enjoy this story.


You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

You can also help support this Blog and use this link to Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited with a free trial. I will get a small commission if you use this link to sign up now for Kindle Unlimited. This is a service I can get behind, and enjoy using. I would never recommend something I don't myself use or support.

No comments:

Post a Comment