Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Book Review: Once Dead by Richard Phillips

Title: Once Dead: A Rho Agenda Novel (Book 1)
Author: Richard Phillips
Format: Audiobook via Kindle Unlimited
Narrator: MacLeod Andrews
Publisher: 47North

The story follows Jack Gregory, who is the CIA's top assassin. That is until he becomes difficult to control and the CIA moves to kill him. While dying, an alien entity gives Jack an opportunity to live provided he serves as a human host. He takes the job of human host to the alien, and starts living simply as The Ripper. A fixer for hire.

I found this strangely engrossing. I usually don't necessarily go for a Sci-Fi but something about the synopsis drew me in, and I don't regret it. I finished this book actually a few months ago now, and I still find myself thinking about it and some of the great scenes.

This story is full of suspenseful action, and leaves you wondering what will happen next or how the characters are going to get out of their latest jam. And each event doesn't feel like some of the action movies do, where it's action just to be action, they actually go together and form a story. A story that has me wanting more, and I bet will do the same for you.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by MacLeod Andrews, he is a new favorite narrator for me. I loved how he manipulated his voice to become the various characters, and each voice seemed to somehow fit the character. I will definitely be looking for other books he's narrated.

You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

You can also help support this Blog and use this link to Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited with a free trial. I will get a small commission if you use this link to sign up now for Kindle Unlimited. This is a service I can get behind, and enjoy using. I would never recommend something I don't myself use or support.

No comments:

Post a Comment