Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mortgage through parents

I must be thankful to my parents for my new house, if not for them I may not have it or any right now. They have allowed me to get a loan through them; my parents now joke with the rest of my family that my boyfriend and I got is from their own financial institution they run.

However, this has put a strain on our relationships with some of our friends. They are the same age, working the same kind of jobs but can't afford a house. They have become so jealous they won't even talk about the house anymore.

I can see where they are coming from. If the tables were turned I'd be jealous of them, but I wouldn't allow my jealousy to get in the way of our friendship. Right now all we've been doing is working on the house non-stop outside of working our jobs. So there hasn't been much to talk about, but they won't talk about their lives so much anymore. I feel that the friendship we had is falling apart and is impossible to be repaired.

As if moving out on our own for the first time wasn't hard enough, now we are loosing the people we would go to for advise. I don't know what to do anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment