Thursday, October 29, 2009

"How are you today?"

If you are going to ask me how I'm doing, stick around for the answer. If you are not sticking around, don't ask me how I'm doing. I think it is rude for someone to ask how another person is doing and not listen to the answer.

When walking through a store, the store clerk should not ask how you are doing if they are not going to stick around to at least see if you are going to ask for help finding something. If they even say hello, they should see if you need help. If they are busy they can knod an acknowledgement that they know you are there and finish what they are doing then come and help you. They should not be asking how I'm doing while whizzing off because they are already helping someone else or running off to their break. If you're going to say something tell me who to find that can help or that you'll be with me in a moment.

So tell me how you are doing. Really, I'm sticking around for the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment