Monday, October 26, 2009

DIY carpet installation

So far the new carpet in the Master Bedroom is looking great. We bought carpet from a local Lowe's store and rather than pay the money to have them install, we installed it ourselves.

My Dad came over to help, but none of us had ever put carpet in before. There is still work to be done. We only had an evening since both my Dad and I had to work this morning. The carpet has been cut and is looking great. We chose a burber carpet and it feels super soft under your feet or stomach (I'm currently laying on it).

I'm mad about one thing. I wasn't able to take pictures! My camera batteries died and I can't find the charger in the mess of boxes. The sad thing is I remember seeing it somewhere around here. But anyways, I'm mad because there is no proof that we did it all ourselves. We plan to finish the job tomorrow so unless I find the darn thing soon, there will only be pictures of once the carpet is all done and installed. I guess all that matters is that we know we did it ourselves and we can feel good about a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment