Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Washer and Dryer

We recently purchased a new washer and dryer from ABC Warehouse. They installed the washer but could not install the dryer since it was gas. When we went to install it we had a little bit of fun.

The gas line that was already existing was a solid metal tube with litte flexibility. I had a hard time getting the tube to bend right so I could attach it to the dryer. The venting was another story in and of itself.

We had purchased a metal flexible tube to attach to the existing venting and replace the plastic flexible tube that was there. While trying to cut away this flexible tubing the existing venting fell apart. Everytime we touched the venting, since we could not see it was full of lint and were trying to clean it out, the venting would come off of the nearest connection. In the end we replaced all the venting except the tube that went to the outside. Instead of using the duct tape the instructions said to use, we used metal tape to help hold the tubes together.

It was fun getting the dryer into position. I had to hop up and over the counter because of how close I had to move the dryer to the wall before I could get the vent to connect to the dryer. And the gas line was giving me a hard time too because it didn't want to bend.

Eventually the dryer was in place, and I've now done a few loads and am loving my new washer and dryer. I'm very happy with them and love my boyfriend for picking them out.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! Maytag, Miele, LG, Electrolux, GE, Bosch Washer Repair in Arcadia

    ReplyDelete