Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The COYER Winter Switch Reading Challenge



I recently found of a reading challenge called COYER - Clean Out Your E-Reader. Coming up they are having a new challenge, running from December 16, 2017 - March 9, 2018. For this challenge you can choose either the regular COYER or doing COYER Switch which has 3 different components to it. You can read more about COYER over at coyerchallenge.com. I will be doing the Switch, and I'm going to try to focus on ebooks although you can also listen to audiobooks, except it's my ebooks that are piling up...figuratively speaking of course since ebooks are hard to physically pile.

From December 16, 2017 - January 12, 2018, is the first part of the COYER Switch. For this first part I will be doing The List. For this challenge I will be making a list of probably closer to 15 books, even though you can have up to 30 on your list. I don't read fast though, and while I know the electronic pile of books is tall, I don't want to feel overwhelmed. I'm very competitive and know I would push to read all 30 books that started on the list. For each 5 books you read from your list though, you can add 5 more. I feel this would be enough to give me options for reading.

The next run for the COYER Switch is January 13, 2018 - February 9, 2018. For this I will be doing The One with a Twist. This is easy enough, read any book, any price, obtained any legal way. The twist is sticking to one format. My focus will be ebooks, but this means any audiobooks I listen to won't count for this part of the challenge.

Finally, I will be doing the Strict, from February 10, 2018 - March 9, 2018. I chose this one for last because the books you read can not be borrowed from anyone or anyplace, or Kindle Unlimited, and need to be under $5.00. Many of the books I picture reading, or would like to read, are ones I've had for years such as Snow like Ashes. I know I did not purchase Snow like Ashes for under $5.00, but there are likely several that are. Since many of the books were purchased because they were free, $1.99, or $2.99. I'm not sure I know which all of these books are, so I need to allow myself plenty of time to go through my purchase history and make sure the books I read were purchased for less than $5.00.

You can follow me on my social media accounts to see how I'm doing. I'll also check in from time to time here on the blog. :-)

You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment