Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Winter Goals 2016 Review


Time for public humiliation. I totally failed on these goals. Most required overcoming the monsters in my head, and I hoped making them goals would help me overcome those monsters. That apparently didn't work, at least not this time.
  1. Create a Website: FAIL I mostly know what I want to do for this, but I worry about any changes I may want to make in the future, or how marketable the website will be. The whole idea after all is to spread the word about the reviews and things I write.
  2. Organize my Home Office: FAIL Yeah, so, this didn't happen either. It started to happen, then I got busy, and it got messy again before I was even halfway done.
  3. Publish 6 Book Review Vlogs: FAIL I recorded a review of 3 books...but I still haven't edited the video, and it would only be one vlog. When I made this goal, the intention was to be 6 separate vlogs.
  4. Outline my Story: FAIL This is started at least. I kept trying to focus on the story, but certain points trigger scenes to play in my head. I think I may need to start giving in to these just to help shore up what the story is exactly because even I'm not sure at the moment. I keep changing things before I've even started.
  5. File Taxes: FAIL We're not going to talk about this one. We are now at the do or die period for this. Yet again, another year of filing taxes at basically the last moment.
  6. Finish fixing our Bedroom: FAIL There hasn't been a lot of time for this, plus I caught a cold. Not exactly great circumstances to be painting. Last thing I wanted was to sneeze and have primer or paint go everywhere or bump a wall or the ceiling with the wrong color. Speaking of color, we are considering changing the color of our bedroom, but haven't picked one. We've been discussing general color families; gray, blue, those kinds of color families. Then we can go look at sky blue or ocean blue type colors.
  7. Organize my Coupons: FAIL I could consider this done, but I'd be cheating. I know there are some printed from online that are buried in the paper stack I haven't tackled yet while cleaning the office. These are likely too old and will need to be just tossed in the paper recycle box, but the fact remains, I have not organized them. Ergo, I have not completed organizing the coupons I have.
  8. Caulk the Bathtub: DONE Wohoo! Finally, something I can check off the list. I was getting worried there. There is one corner I would like to redo, but the fact remains, no moisture will be getting behind the walls of the shower.
  9. Complete the online course for work: FAIL I did complete an online course, but it was not the course intended to be completed when I made this goal. So this is a fail. It is hard to complete a course when you're busy doing other projects you've been assigned. Basically, I hit my wall, and needed a break after finally signing off from work each day. This did not leave a lot of time to get through the course.
  10. Undisclosed Goal: DONE After being engaged for almost 4 years, we finally got married on March 3. Now our family has switched over to asking about a reception and what we are doing for our honeymoon. They can never be satisfied. And just to be clear, we did not get married just to make our family stop asking, that was a minor part. We decided a long time ago we were just going to go to the court, the hesitation was me, I didn't want to offend anyone by not picking them as a witness. As it turns out, we were allowed to bring as many people as we wanted, since we wanted it small we only had our immediate family there.
So, this quarter was a total fail! Another factor likely contributing to this failure, was I didn't have my goals posted anywhere for me to view and see them. There were a few times where I would try to plan out the next day and would wonder what I had put down for my goals. This needs to change this quarter and maybe we will have a successful quarter this time around.

You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment