Saturday, September 12, 2015

Home Improvement: Removing moldy drywall


This weekend we started removing some molding drywall from the bar area in our basement.

Last year while remodeling our bathroom on the main floor, the plumbing leaked down into the basement flooding the area behind the bar. My fiance noticed it was starting to mold so he pulled it out. (I was just holding a flashlight so he could see and helped with clean up.)

In total we removed four walls and a small area of the ceiling. The drywall filled up about ten trash bags.

On the upside, I got to try out my new headlamp which was cool. This left my hands free to hold the trash bag open. (I know, I get the glorious jobs when destructing.)

Basically, one of my fiance's nicknames is Mr. Destructo. You need something taken apart, he can get it done and relatively quick. He earned this name from my father when we helped remove the in ground pool my dad had built back when I was in preschool or kindergarten - more years ago then I care to admit.

He had the basement apart in a matter of hours, but over two days since we had company coming over. We had to quit early on the first day.

You can find me on:Twitter, Goodreads, and YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment