Monday, June 22, 2015

Uploading My First Booktube Video


You can now find me on YouTube! Oh man that was stressful. I've recorded my next video already, and, it's going to take some getting used to being in front of a camera. I'm much more used to being behind the scenes, maybe writing the lines. 

I do think for my third video, I'm going to try thinking it out better. I'm thinking I may even try making a PowerPoint presentation, not that you'll know if you watch because I'm planning to use it more like cue cards. Or maybe you will know because I won't seem so nervous.

It took...I don't even remember how many takes to just get through the questions. And even then while editing - I just used Microsoft Live Movie Maker - I'm sitting here going, "what I should have said is," or "I could have expanded on that with...". So I'm hoping the PowerPoint next time will help...maybe. I'd also like to try YouTube's video editor, and see what tools it has; I didn't even know until I had uploaded my video and was choosing the title, and thumbnail that YouTube even had an editor.

Speaking of thumbnails; I had some fun and verified my account to add my own thumbnail. I took a screen print of one of the scenes, I forgot to do some footage of posing for this, so I found where I'm talking but look like I'm smiling and my eyes are open, then I just used Paint - the program, not the art supply - and added a title to the picture. That is my thumbnail.

I still hope to add more to my repertoire. But it's slow going. I am having trouble finding time outside of working at my office job. Plus, June has been a busy month for family events - Graduation parties, my sister running in a track meet for her work, Father's Day gathering, Baby Showers...the list goes on. So stay tuned for more BookTube videos, and I'm hoping to throw in something new here on the blog before the end of the year. (I don't want to get too ambitious that I end up overworking myself, and the year is basically half over already.)

Until next time, check out my first Booktube video:



You can also find me on: Google + and Twitter

I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment