Sunday, July 7, 2013

New Patio Door on the Way

Not much going on this past week. We had Pella stop by on the 3rd and we chose a new patio door. I can't wait. We also decided on a color for our exterior. Kind of had to with the door and all. The design we chose will have some dividers in the door and they are going to be wood on the interior and vinyl on the exterior, the color we chose for the exterior is...Naval, which is this really dark blue, a little darker than a Navy blue. Pella should be calling towards the end of this week to schedule the install once they have an idea of when the door will be finished and I simply can't wait. Approximately the door should be ready early August.

July 4th came and went. My fiance worked the closing shift, so I stayed home with our furry children. Did my best to keep Lucky, the older of the two, calm while our neighborhood went firework crazy! They started setting off the big stuff at 11:00 am. No that's not a typo, that's right, in the freaking morning. I don't know that they saw anything because it was only here and there that one went off. Otherwise for the most part it was Cherry Bombs all day long. Needless to say, our poor dog spent the day cowering in the office closet - we have it pretty full, so there's this small space where she just fits - or the bathroom tub. Our other dog, AJ, just wanted attention, as always.

No projects really this weekend, no big ones at least as my parents are taking care of some of their to dos. That's fine, gives us time for more pondering and planning. I've been driving my fiance nuts with all the lawn & garden, DIY type shows I've been watching for ideas. He keeps telling me to turn off the TV. So I've mostly been watching while he recoups from the cold he has, or is at work. I'm starting to feel like I'm grasping what we would like to do with things - vegetable garden out back, possibly some kind of dog agility course, new shape and border for the front and side garden, layout of the finished basement - need I go on? So, I'm hoping to have some time this week for measurements and drawing out some plans for these areas and then share a few with you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment