Friday, November 4, 2011

Drain unclogged

Well, go figure that after dehairing the bathtub drain it wouldn't want to drain. Sunday my boyfriend cleaned out the tub drain, but Monday when I took my shower I also took a bath because the drain did not want to drain. So, after pouring no end of drain gels and such to try and get rid of the clog, and using a quick made snake, my dad suggested water or the drain solutions down the drain vent because other drains were slow at draining too. When that didn't work I went out and purchased a 50 foot snake to snake the drain. When I couldn't get the snake any further than a foot and a half down the drain I tried the vent from the tub. That's the access point above the drain of the tub but below the faucet of the tub. Went down about three and a half feet when I hit what I thought was another turn in the pipe. Turned out to be the clog. After I jiggled the snake around to try to get by what I thought was a turn for a while, I noticed a small whirlpool at my feet as the water remaining in the tub drained. At which point I let out a whoop of triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment