Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dog fur everywhere

Keeping our home clean is quite next to impossible. I'm experimenting with trying to find the secret to keeping the loose dog hair under control. The difficult part is changing habits, or making new ones.
My boyfriend and I are not exactly organized people. The funny thing is I can tell you where many of my documents are, where the large philips screw driver is, or where the office scissors walked off to. While everything may be covering tables, chairs, and all over the floor, we know where pretty much everything in the house is. There are those items that don't get used often and we look at each other going, where did this go?
In trying to keep the dog hair under control, I've tried brushing the dogs at least once daily. But as the house wasn't exactly cleaned before I started this, and didn't vacuum every room, I couldn't tell if this was making any difference. So to try to see if things were making a difference I've started a hunt to see how to get the dog hair off certain furniture items and such without just moving it around the house and or on to other items. For example, getting it off the chair and in the trash instead of off the chair onto my clothes, then onto the floor where it will eventually be vacuumed or tracked into another room.
I've tried a few of those fur grabbing cloths and things from the stores, but they don't get all of it. I don't know if they need to be used more often or if they just stink that bad. I'm thinking they just stink that bad because even when I get the amount of hair on the chair down, I can run these cloths over the same stubborn hairs and they will refuse to let go of the chair. The other fun is then removing the dog fur from the cloths. It's about as frustrating to get it off these cloths as it is trying to get it off the chairs; I might even say it's more frustrating.
So the great fur battle continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment