Thursday, January 12, 2017

Bout of Books Wrap Up

Never having been in a reading slump before...I didn't realize how much I would crave the books that got me into being an avid reader so much. I tried to read books on my TBR, or that I was already working on reading...but that didn't really happen.

I did get further in Sword Art Online Fairy Dance by Reki Kawahara. I'm now on page 153, and have less than 50 pages to go before I finish. I'm actually finding having watched the anime before reading to be a detriment, because I already know what happens. There are more details in the book, but not enough to keep me motivated to read.



I started and finished the audiobook of Indulgence in Death by J. D. Robb, better known as Nora Roberts. (In case you don't follow me, or aren't familiar with the in Death series, J. D. Robb is the pen name Nora Roberts started writing these mystery novels under.) The plot takes Strangers on a Train to the next level; a serial killer level. And there isn't a dull moment with Eve Dallas on the case, and her sometimes basic view of the world. I often wonder why some of her thoughts, I've never realized or thought of before.




I started, but did not finish before the end of the readathon, the audiobook Innocent in Death by J. D. Robb aka Nora Roberts. This book was the book I read now several years ago, and turned me into an avid reader, and LOVER of this series. The killer was just so unexpected, but then Dallas figures it out before everyone else...and I want to say more but would possibly spoil it for some so I'm going to stop that train of thought here. Not only is the main story line awesome, but the side story keeps you guessing what the woman from Roarke's past is going to do next. A woman from Roarke's past, a woman he's loved before, comes back and starts making plays to get in to Roarke's life and cause trouble with his marriage to Eve. And the end to that part of the story...is a part of the book I will sometimes go back and listen to just to hear the scene again. It's that good!

Those were the books I read, tried to read, or started reading during the Bout of Books readathon. What did you read last week?

You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment