Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Reads October 21, 2016

Due to technical difficulties, this week's Friday Reads is coming to you as a blog post. Apologies to anyone looking forward to a vlog post.

This weekend is Dewey's 24-hour Readathon which you can still sign up for if you want. I will be a cheerleader again and will once again be attempting to stay up the whole 24 hours. Okay, realistically I know I will be taking a nap or two, and probably sleep for a few hours.

My books for this weekend are mostly the books I hope to read during Dewey's Readathon. Without further ado, let's see what I've (as of maybe a minute ago) set aside for me to read this weekend.

I have the audiobook of Shatter Me by Tehereh Mafi I checked out from my library via Hoopla Digital. Thanks to some adulting I had to do, and a 2.5 day long meeting - yes you heard me, I was locked in a room for 2 full work days and half of a third - I was unable to really get into this audiobook yet. I think I'm maybe 5 minutes in.

I also have DeathNote volume 5. I'm only about one-quarter in to the book. So I will have this to get through and help break up the reading time. It is also a fast read to help keep motivation high to keep reading.









Last, but not least, I chose a graphic novel. Since the readathon is only for 24 hours I wanted to choose something short. Although I'm still doubtful I will finish all 3 during the readathon, I'm hoping to finish all 3 this weekend. Wish me luck! And good luck to any joining me in Dewey's Readathon!








No comments:

Post a Comment