Wednesday, May 6, 2015

TBR - May 2015

Something else I worked on this weekend, other than purchasing and planting a Japanese Maple, is making a list of all the books I own - Kindle or otherwise - that have not been read. I have over 70 books to be read, and still counting. So, since I'm going to be reviewing more books, I thought now would be a good time to give myself a kick and start widdling down my TBR pile. I also signed up with NetGalley.com and have been approved for copies of 4 books. Since I'm relatively new to the site and don't have much to show for my book reviewing (previously reviewed for Yahoo! Voices, but the site was taken down, and those reviews are no longer on the web) I want to thank the publishers and authors for allowing me the priveldge of reviewing the books. These books, that will likely take up my May reading are:

Lie Down with Dogs by Hailey Edwards, published by Crush Star Multimedia, LLC.

Thierry's husband is plotting evil things, and I imagine things aren't helped any when her presence in Daytona stirs up another evil presence.

This book is already out, it was published April 30, 2015, and is actually the 3rd book of the Black Dog series. You can check this book out on Amazon, it is $3.99 on Kindle.
Netherworld (The Chronicles of KOA) by K.N. Lee, published by Booktrope.

In a small nutshell, this book is about the Netherworld Division who works to keep creatures from the Netherworld in check.

This book is also available for sale on Amazon, in either Kindle or Paperback format.
Cherringham: The Last Puzzle (A Cozy Crime Series) by Neil Richards and Matthew Costello, published by Bastei Entertainment.

The beneficiaries of Quentin Andrews must solve a crossword, and whomever solves the puzzle will inherit his fortune. The biggest mystery they find, is if Mr. Andrews was murdered.

This is currently available for pre-order on Amazon, and will be released on June 1, 2015.
The President's Shadow by Brad Meltzer, published by Grand Central Publishing.

I can't do as well a summary as what is already presented, so quoting the hook they have:
"A severed arm, found buried in the White House Rose Garden.
A lethal message with terrible consequences for the Presidency.
And a hidden secret in one family's past that will have repercussions for the entire nation."

This is also currently available for pre-order on Amazon, and will be released June 16, 2015.

Sometime in May you should see reviews for each of these, so be sure to stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment