Sunday, June 23, 2013

Live Every Moment

I just watched Nik Wallenda cross the Grand Canyon on Live television, on a wire. What an amazing sight.

Seeing him complete that walk has made me think about my life and what I do. I've always had things I do that I scold myself for later. I turn down events with friends because I'm so scared to go out somewhere I've never been. When I do go, once I'm there, things usually get better and I calm down a bit.

I think about the home projects that I put off because there is a movie out that I would rather go see. I go see the movie with friends and family but it's just sitting, sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better to be doing something together.

After seeing this event, knowing that Nik could have died today doing what he loves, being reminded that life is short and could end at any moment; makes me want to re-evaluate what I do and makes me think more about why I do what I do.

If you take a few minutes to ponder, why do you do what you do? If your life were to be cut short, and you didn't wake up tomorrow, what would you most regret not doing? Go do whatever it is you would most regret not doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment