Sunday, May 12, 2013

Check out Elbow Room on HGTV


This morning I found the show 'Elbow Room' which airs on HGTV. Designer and Contractor Chip Wade comes in to people's homes and finds unused or misused space to create what they need. For example, one of the episodes, he changed a carport that wasn't really being used into a hotel room/office for the family. Their guest room was being turned into a baby's room as the wife was about to give birth to their second child, and they were expecting family from out of town to come stay with them.

The episodes I watched this morning set off some ideas in my head. I have several rough ideas now mostly to do with working out our basement space as we need it to do so much, and I'd like to add to what it's doing - workout space, family events - which is challenging as I think we are keeping the full bathroom down there instead of making it just a half bath. He does so much in the way of finding the space and then designing the elements, such as coffee tables that disappear into the floor, or an office desk that doubles as bed table, so that things don't feel crammed into the space and everything is functional.

I have to thank Chip Wade for doing this show with HGTV, because I doubt I'd have the ideas I have now going through my head. I can't wait for more time and finances so I can build some of these items and rooms in my head. Check out 'Elbow Room' on HGTV and get inspired for your own remodels.

No comments:

Post a Comment