Sunday, July 1, 2012

Desiding on a Design for our Flower Bed

Playing around with doodles on graph paper may not be the most fun, but it does give a good idea of how each design will look. I haven't put plants in the designs yet but have come up with about 3 basic different designs and then expanded on two of them since I liked them but there was something still not right. In total I now have 6 different designs.

The first step in doing this was to figure out a scale for my drawings. I decided on one square equals one foot. I did this more due to the size of the paper and how many squares I had to deal with. The main flower bed I was playing with was the front one which is 33 feet long by 4 feet.

We took some walks around our neighborhood and looked at other peoples gardens and I learned my boyfriend likes what I refer to as the field look. This is where there are a bunch of large plants with smaller plants filling in the gaps and it looks like a wild field. A small wild field but a field.

Keeping this in mind I expanded the garden away from the house a little more than it already is so I could sneak in more plants and make it more like a field. Stay tuned to see what design we choose and how we put everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment