Monday, July 16, 2012

Change of plans

Well, I was planning on dragging my boyfriend looking at window treatments this weekend, but that plan got left in the dust.

Thursday evening after laying down for a nap my boyfriend suggessted we take the dogs for a walk. He even had the dogs already in their harnesses. I'm still groggy when he says "I was thinking about taking the dogs for a walk, their already harnessed." I say okay and roll out of bed, change into some clothes better suited for walking the dogs since I was still in my clothes from work.

I head out to the kitchen area, grab some baggies just to be safe and he hands me a leash and says "why don't you put this on AJ". Now you have to understand something. AJ is our puppy Golden Retriever. Okay, not really a puppy but he sure thinks he is and acts like it. As soon as he sees the harness he starts jumping up and down, you don't have to ask if he wants to go for a walk. So as soon as I go over with the leash, I'm more or less attacked.

I get him settled enough and grab the harness, go to attach the leash to his harness there is a ring attached to the harness with some string. "Why is there a ring attached to..." and while I'm trying to think of why there is a ring attached to AJ's harness and finish my sentence, my boyfriend jumps in with "because I'm asking you to marry me."

I freeze. I mean I literally can't move. My brain can not process what just happened. I wonder if I heard him correctly. It's not until he says "don't forget about AJ" that I snap out of it and run to him. I start hugging and kissing him. Then finally realize I should give him an answer and say "yes".

So, we are reworking the budget and thinking about when we would want to be married, who we want to invite; needless to say, window treatments were far from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment