Monday, May 14, 2012

Time to Clean Up the Garden

I've been kind of ignoring the garden, and now it's biting me in the butt. I've been avoiding working in the garden because of the roots from the tree on the side of our house for one. The roots are all over the garden and each year, digging holes for plants has been next to impossible. This goes for removing weeds as their roots weave in with the roots from the tree, so they have a good grip and almost never come when pulling the weed. Second, would be I still don't really know what I'm doing. My thumb has not gotten any greener. You may remember I posted about trying to grow some veggies from seed. The Broccoli was the only thing that came up...and then a few days later they were dead.

Putting it off has bitten me in the butt though because the weeds have taken over. Now there are more weeds to pull than plants that are to remain in the garden. I've managed to get through most, but there are still lots left. I'm hoping before this next week is over to have the weeds cleaned out and some plants in the ground so the garden doesn't look so empty. I'm trying to find some plants that aren't done over and over. I want to be different, and I'm tired of looking at the same plants throughout the neighborhood. Basically everyone has an evergreen bush and trimmed to look so perfect and manacured. One, I don't have that kind of time, and two, it makes me sick to see people mold nature to look like that. It reminds me of society and it's expectations for people to look a certain way, act a certain way, and think and believe certain things.

No comments:

Post a Comment