Tuesday, May 22, 2012

That Lamp Post Has Got to Go!


Well, last Saturday my parents were kind enough to come over and help remove the lamp post that didn't work from the yard. My Dad then took the wire that went to the house and added an outside outlet. Now when the holidays come we can put up lights if we so desire.

It was not easy removing the lamp post. The bottom was so rusted, that when trying to wiggle the post to see if we could get it loose or needed to dig a little deeper, the post just snapped off. Since we are considering planting a tree in that spot, we dug further to remove the concrete the post had been set in. This was the hard part as it was down a ways and the dumb thing weighed a ton. But I'm happy to say that with the help of my Mom, we dug down far enough that she was able to get under it with a shovel and free it. I then hauled the thing out of the hole.


With the lamp post gone, you can see from the photo I'm very happy it is now gone. Disposal of the lamp post was easy too. We stuck it out at the curb, and one of the trash collectors grabbed it like less then an hour after we put it out there. The concrete monster it was stuck in, and part of it still is stuck in, is another story. We've tried bashing it with a hammer, but that is slow going. I think we will invest in a sledge hammer to break it up a little quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment