Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hearth is in and backsplash is up

This weekend has been busy! My Dad came over and brought his tile saw. We were finally able to get the hearth and backsplash in. There is just some finishing to be done. Yesterday we put the drywall on the frame for the hearth. Why drywall instead of cement board? Well...I oopsed when we did the ceiling for the Family Room and we purchased too many sheets of drywall. What we got though was fire rated so we used that.
Next while my Dad set up the tile saw I got busy laying out tile and chose the best looking ones for the full tiles that would be used, and the better areas of others for the partial tiles. Then my Dad got busy cutting tiles, and I started laying down the adhesive. I was taking so long at putting down the adhesive that as soon as he could, my Dad would lay down a tile. He stopped and had me put in a few just for a photo opp.
This morning he came back, since it was cold yesterday, the water in the tile saw was freezing so we stopped before we started on the backsplash. My Dad did the tile cutting, I backbuttered and put them on the wall. While we did that my boyfriend worked on grouting the hearth. So it is now done and tomorrow we will grout the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment