Sunday, December 18, 2011

Creating holiday cards



Well this year I decided to make my own cards. The past two years I did store bought cards but I would need two packages because one never had enough and I always had some left then from the second package, so I felt I was wasting money. Plus last year several of the cards were not folded right and then refolding them just made them look like crap. Not something I wanted to be sending to friends and family. So this year I made cards. It was more difficult than I expected though. There was the time factor, we are all pressed for time around this time of year trying to shop for all those gifts and getting party supplies ready, making sure everything is ready for our holiday parties.


Then there was the creative factor. I was having difficulty choosing a picture to use. The home is kind of in disarray still, and I don't have a stand yet to place the camera so we could do a family shot or something. So I was trying to decide upon what item to use. I ended up going with our tree that is in the Living Room. I then used Picnik from google to edit the photo and curve the edges, crop it, and blur the edges a little. Of course I then needed something for the inside of the card. (It's the picture I chose for this post.) So I did a google search for holiday sayings and I ended up picking one of those. All that was left was to print them, fold them, address envelopes, put on a postage stamp, and stuff them.


I think next year I will do the same thing but will give myself more time so I can get it how I would like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment