Sunday, November 28, 2010

Drywalling a ceiling

Drywalling a ceiling requires a lot of people when doing it by yourself. I also recommend doing some weight lifting for about a month before hand so you can better hold up the drywall.

Needless to say, when we put up the drywall for the ceiling in our Family Room, even with my parents and sister and her boyfriend were helping us, we struggled to get the drywall up. Took us several hours. My parents, sister's boyfriend, and us held the drywall. My sister helped two others on the floor to lift the drywall to the others that were already on ladders. Once we had the drywall in position my sister handed three of us drills with screw driver bits equipped and some drywall screws so we could start attaching the drywall to the ceiling.

After doing this for several hours over two nights, the ceiling is finally drywalled. Now for the mudding....

No comments:

Post a Comment