Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Camp NaNoWriMo Wrap Up


Yep, definitely bit off more than I could comfortably chew for the month of April. Between just work and VEDA, I hardly had any time to remember to breathe. Throw in Camp NaNoWriMo, and my word goal of 20,000, and work started a program to help people run a 5k race which I've been wanting to do, and yep, I'm basically burned out.

I did at least anticipate the burnout somewhat, and took a day off work. Not that it helps, but at least I don't have to think about work stuff, and can get some other stuff done that I have now fallen behind on, like taking the car in for an oil change, and scheduling some doctor appointments.

How miraculously did I fail my goal of 20,000 words? Stupendously. I wrote only 2,856 words during the month of April. This is roughly (I rounded up), only 15% of my goal of 20,000. On the upside, this brings my page total to 19 pages since I added on to the story I started last year for NaNoWriMo, and just kept going with it. This means I need to write less than a page to reach my goal of 20 pages I created earlier this year.

What does failing mean? It means I took on more than I could chew, and I've learned some of my limits. Does this mean I've failed as a writer? No. It just means, other things got in the way, or I felt I needed a break more than I needed to write. But I will continue writing in the month of May and on until I have a rough draft of this story.

You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

You can also help support this Blog and use this link to Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited with a free trial. I will get a small commission if you use this link to sign up now for Kindle Unlimited. This is a service I can get behind, and enjoy using. I would never recommend something I don't myself use or support.

No comments:

Post a Comment