Monday, June 6, 2016

Review Midnight Betrayal by Melinda Leigh


Midnight Betrayal by Melinda Leigh I gave a solid 3 stars out of 5. This is the third book in the Midnight series.

Dr. Louisa Hancock is a museum curator who left Maine and her past, for Philadelphia. Her past comes back to haunt her though when the body of an intern, who worked at the museum, turns up beaten and burned. And now another intern has gone missing. Louisa goes looking for the intern, tracing her last known steps. This brings Louisa to a love from her past, Conner Sullivan. He owns and runs the bar her missing intern was last seen in. Not only that, Conner was the last known contact the intern had. Conner becomes the primary suspect which makes Louisa's and Conner's movements difficult as they work to find the missing intern.

The story for me was more of a love story than a mystery, and moved slow for me. This was somewhat of a plus as it made it easier to stop listening when I was interrupted at work with questions.

Another thing, was the misdirect at the beginning. I wasn't engaged in the story yet, and figure I missed something when the reader is walked through the taking of one of the interns. I can't say much about this without spoiling the end; so all I'll say is listen or read carefully. The key to figuring who dunnit is likely hidden here.

I would recommend this book if you are into love and mystery. If I get the chance I would consider reading the other books of the series.

You can follow me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment