Sunday, July 19, 2015

Home From Vacation


Last weekend my Fiance and I went to my parents cottage and participated in Pirate Day. It was sooooo much fun!!! I can't wait to go back again next year.
While getting hit with water balloons, hoses shooting water like a fire hose, and other water guns may not sound like fun to some, it was a total blast. It takes place on the lakes at the community their cottage is in. Pirate Day was created several years ago, but this was our first go of it. It only lasts an hour, rather than a day, but it was the best hour of the vacation.

We went out on their pontoon boat loaded with 5, 5-gallon sized buckets of water balloons, and water guns. We had the theme from Pirates of the Carribean playing, and a few times I couldn't help but think about some of the boat battles in the movies. More than once, in one way or another, one boat played the lead ship for the crown at the end of the third movie.

I also learned the hard way a hat does not stay on your head. I wore a baseball cap to try to protect my head from the sun...we later went fishing for the hat as on a sudden burst of speed to try to get away from one of the pirate boats, the hat went flying off my head. I'm hoping to be able to get my hands on a waterproof, possibly an underwater camera for next year. My mother stayed on dry ground, but we were so far out she wasn't able to get photos of the action.
In addition to Pirate Day, I enjoyed time reading, walking, fishing, and I even tried kayaking. My sister wanted to go kayaking but wanted someone to go with her. I went willingly, although I wonder if she regretted her choice. I kind of took off in the kayak and had to keep slowing down for her. I later found even my parents in the canoe had trouble keeping up. I did tire though, but so did they. I only made it back to the beach first because we all got there around the same time and had to allow someone to go first. It's a small beach.

Now home, and while happy to be home, I'm sad to have the vacation be over. I know that come Monday, I'll be returning to my day job at an office.


I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

You can find me on:
twitter
google+
goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment