Friday, March 6, 2015

Novel Challenge Update

Honestly, I've been a bad girl. Sort of. In some sense, life has gotten in the way. Needing to put extra hours in at the office to meet deadlines, bringing work home, and making at least some time for family and to unwind.

In other areas, it's me. Most nights I've been falling asleep around 7:00 pm. Which only gives enough time to basically get home from the office, feed my furry children (2 Golden Retrievers), and feed myself and fiancé.

I can say, thanks to this challenge, I'm probably further than I've ever been before even though I haven't yet started typing out the story. I have a complete idea. Thanks to the Snowflake Method (learn about the Snowflake Method) I know what the beginning, middle, and end of my story is. The details of what happens in the scenes playing in my head keeps changing, but the basics aren't really changing.

In the past I've just started typing away at my keyboard and not really planned it out. The furthest I've gotten with this method is about 5 or 6 pages in. Now with the Snowflake Method, I feel like I could sit down and in about a week, maybe two, I could have a rough draft.

I'm also thinking about all the other projects we have going on, still finishing our main bathroom, finishing some work in our bedroom, and I need to straighten up our home office. (Why me and not my fiancé or the both of us? Because it's all my mess, and if my fiancé cleans it I'll never find something I need from there again.) Plus, I haven't even started our taxes yet. I have the documents set aside...somewhere in the home office.

This weekend, I do hope to at least start typing this story out. But I've again had to bring work home with me that will take a while, and want to get our bedroom ready for the next step in the project. We've been on the same step now for a few months.

I'm hoping to be able to tell you I've started typing the story and finished the beginning soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment