Monday, February 23, 2015

Still Learning What Works

So, basically at the halfway point of my challenge to myself to write a novel in two months, and I'm not even halfway done with the story. In fact I'm just beginning.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I mostly picture scenes. Each one is different, using different characters. Then this past weekend, something happened. I started acting out a scene that had been bouncing around a while, and it expanded. I became one of the characters and could more clearly see the others.

I still don't know the names of each character, but at least I have an idea of where the story is going. Now I've begun outlining, and creating summaries for the characters I know about. I'm hoping that before the week is over, I'll be starting the first few pages of the story.

Have you figured out how you work? What do you use to get the creative juices flowing and stitch the beginnings of a story together? There is no right or wrong answer. Everyone is different. And I fear, I will soon have to learn how I work all over again. (That is a story for another post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment