Monday, December 9, 2013

Patching a Small Hole


So, when we were first running electrical and what not before we had even moved into the house, while drilling looking for that wonderful space between the drywall and studs...we missed. The hole was basically not noticed since it was up at the ceiling and almost right when you walked in the bathroom so we weren't in any hurry to patch it.

Over this past weekend I had the chance to start patching it. First I cleared the loose debris from the hole and made sure the wall and ceiling around the hole were clean. I then took some spackling I found at Meijer on one of my grocery runs and filled the hole. I used a plastic putty knife and found I much prefer the metal putty knives. I found I didn't have the right edge to get the spackling in the sharp corner.


I still need to sand smooth, and will find where we hid the metal puddy knives from ourselves and go over it one more time to try and clean it up a bit more. Then, hopefully sometime in the summer of 2015 when we redo our main bathroom, this will get a fresh coat of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment