Sunday, September 20, 2009

Too much procrastinating

I am doing too much procrastinating. Last night I set my alarm to make sure I got up early, I had a long list of things I wanted to get done today. When the alarm went off, since I didn't have to get up, I didn't. There was nothing on the list that seriously had to get done today, it was mostly wishing they would get done today, or things I wanted to work on that there was no way I could get done today.

As hard as I try to not procrastinate, if something doesn't have to get done, chances are I won't touch it. I have to already be up, and just finishing something else so that I'm in the mood to work.

The experts would probably say that I should note what gets me in the mood to work. Usually having to do something gets me in the mood to work. This is the only common thing there is with me, so the experts advise does not really help me. I've tried music, caffeine (not pure of course, but drinks like coffee, Mountain Dew, or things like chocolate), being in a certain room.... I feel like I've tried everything and still I procrastinate.

Why must I procrastinate? I work best off that adrenaline rush that comes from doing things at the last second. This means it is my nature to procrastinate, and it seems this is something I am just going to need to accept and deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment