Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Book Review: My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni

Title: My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite #1)
Author: Robert Dugoni
Format: Audible
Narrator: Emily Sutton-Smith
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer

My Sister's Grave actually had me crying. I don't remember the last book I read, where my eyes even watered.

The story follows Tracy as she tries to find what happened to her sister almost 20 years ago. One night Tracy goes off with her boyfriend and leaves her sister Sarah to drive home alone. The night was dark, and storming; the back roads were treacherous. Tracy's truck is found abandoned, and no sign of Sarah. Afterwards a great manhunt begins trying to find who took Sarah and where her body is.

The main suspect claims he didn't do it. Tracy does her own digging because she also needs to know what happened to her sister and wants to make sure the right person pays, and she'd love it if she can get her sister back. Now, after 20 years, they've finally found Sarah's body and have the evidence Tracy needs to reopen her sister's case and maybe finally find some answers.

In the story, you think you know what is going to happen. Then you crash in a wall because whatever you think is going to happen is not what happens. Everytime I thought the story was going right, there was a left turn, or worse, a u-turn. While slow, this book kept me on the edge of my seat because I couldn't see where it was going. Every time I got comfortable in the rhythm, the beat of the music being played changed.

I really enjoyed this book and would give it a 4.5 out of 5.

You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment