Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Book Review: Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate

Title: Seven Ways We Lie
Author: Riley Redgate
Format: eBook
Publisher: Amulet Books

I recently finished this book for Bibliothon. I finished the book basically in one day. No not one sitting, I did have to put it down. I also wasn't that far into the story when I put it down to take care of and do other things. When I picked it back up again though, I couldn't put it down.

This book follows several high school kids, specifically seven kids, and how they are dealing with their specific situations. The fun is their situations start to overlap. And it becomes how they are all dealing with this one thing, while dealing with their other crap that life is throwing at them.

In my Bibliothon wrap up video I couldn't articulate or really understand what had me glued to this book. I think it was all the emotions I was experiencing while reading. And as I read I thought about how much life hasn't really changed from high school. (I know that is a depressing thought, especially for high school students. Yep that's right. Life doesn't really get better. Just different and possibly worse stressors.)

I gave this book 5 stars on amazon and Goodreads. For me though, 5 stars means it can pull me from a reading slump. So I have to ask myself, could this book pull me out of a reading slump, or would this be more four point something stars? The answer? It's 5 stars.

Part of what pulls me out of a reading slump, is a book that makes me think, and relates to my real life and what is going on. This book covers that. It may have only been about a week since I finished, but I've already recommended this book to several friends and work acquaintances. If you haven't read this book yet, I definitely recommend you check it out.

You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment