Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Top 5 Books Read in 2017

2017 I read a lot of books; way more than usual. Usually I'm around 52-60. This year I blew that out of the water with over 100 books read!! I absolutely surprised myself. Now, most of these were audiobooks, so I wasn't physically reading which helped as I am a slow reader. (Trying to get faster at reading because there are soooo many books out there to be read. Including the close to 100 on my TBR.)

5.
Balanced on the Blade's Edge
By Lindsay Buroker

I don't remember when I read this, but I do remember the story. It has stuck with me it was that good. I was also grateful I had the next 2 books in the series because I jumped right to them when I was done.







4.
The Hundredth Queen
By Emily R King

I would not want to be a girl living in this world. But the writing was just fantastic! I will have to give in and get the second book soon because I'm not going to be able to wait much longer. I've been trying to be good though since my TBR is probably close to 100 books and I don't own the second book. The problem is not knowing what happens next is slowly eating away at my soul!





3.
Fledgling (Dragonrider Chronicles: Book 1)
By Nicole Conway

I listened to the audiobook of this back in April and just about died it was so good! I attempted to find another book to listen to but couldn't. I just had to see what happened next. I ended up getting and listening to all 4 books in the series back to back and marathoned the books. The raving in the YouTube video, possibly videos, yeah that was real. I loved them that much!





2.
Firstlife
By Gena Showalter

This is one of the books I listened to while training for a 5K run. I was still listening to this when it came time for my first actual 5K race. I was so distracted by the story, I didn't realize I ran most of the 5K!! I had never even done that while training. The story was so unique to me I think it allowed me to keep the perfect pace for myself and allowed me to run most of the race. This book will always hold a special place in my heart.




1.
Secondborn
By Amy A. Bartol

I very much enjoyed this book. I hadn't read something like this before. I did not want to put this book down. There were times I had to for meetings or because I was working on something a little more complex, but I didn't want to. I wanted to be a like a child again and put off the things I had to do and just read. (When I was younger I never wanted to read, but I also didn't want to do my homework.) I look forward to reading the next book when it comes out in April of 2018.



You can find me on TwitterGoodreadsYouTube, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment